SPORTS FUNDING 2014-15
Allocations for the academic year 2014/15 were calculated using the number of pupils in Years 1 to 6 and those age 5 in Reception, as recorded at the January 2014 Census as follows: Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £8,000 plus £5 per eligible pupil.
Thrunscoe Primary Academy will receive £9,190 for the academic year 2014/15.
How will the Sports Premium money be spent?
The school is a member of the North East Lincolnshire School Sports Partership who provide a wide range of services to their member schools, including:
- Support for subject leaders in developing PE and sport in school.
- Access to additional CPD opportunities for PE leaders, classroom teacher, teaching assistants and lunchtime supervisors.
- Support with action planning, including provision of good practice guidelines and templates.
- Access to a full range of sport competitions.
- Delivery of a cycling proficiency scheme for Year 5 pupils.
- Organising festivals for all pupils within years 1-6 in association with a local secondary school.
In addition to this, the money will be spent providing transport to and from sports competitions and festivals as well as subsidising extra-curricular badminton, ju-jitzu, multi-skills and gymnastics clubs, which are run by outside agencies.
The money will also be spent providing additional swimming lessons for pupils in years 4 and 5 who have not yet reached the Government benchmark of being able to swim 25 metres unaided. Our year 3 pupils will also be given introductory swimming lessons during the second half of the Summer Term to allow a smooth transition when pupils attend swimming sessions at the beginning of year4.