Sports Premium is an amount of money allocated to schools and academies to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increased participation in P.E and sport so that pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of. Schools and Academies are able to decide how best to spend this money to enhance sporting provision. They must however be accountable for how the money is spent in providing this support.
The Academy has been allocated £9190 for the 2014-15 academic year.
It is our intention to use the funding to provide the following provision:
1) Membership of School's Sports Partnership
2) Participation in inter school sporting festivals and activities
3) Funding for transport to designated events including competitions.
4) Funding for an extra-curricular multi-skills club (Key Stage 1) and an extra-curricular tennis club (Key Stage 2)
5) Paying for external coaches to deliver gymnastics during curriculum sessions to aid staff development.
6) Acquisition of resources to facilitate and support the delivery of P.E across the Academy.
7) Provide a series of 6 preliminary swimming lessons for pupils in Year 3 prior to beginning statutory swimming sessions at the start of Year 4. To provide a series of 6 additional swimming sessions to pupils within years 4 to 6 who have failed to meet the required standard of 25 metres.
8) Improving the newly acquired community football pitch by levelling the pitch.